Tuesday 8 November 2016

Written Interview 1: Diana Albanese: Why Did You Sign Up For This Course?


“I took this class because I’ve always been interested in philanthropy, and I saw this as a great opportunity to learn more about it. I’m excited about learning both the processes and procedures of giving, and it’s great to see all the different perspectives come together in class. A lot of the students have different backgrounds and it’s interesting to hear their take on what we should be doing with the RFP and how we should go about the selection process. It’s nice too that everybody gets to shape the impact that we’ll make, and help determine where the money goes. Another driving factor for me was my experience with the NFP sector. I was in a similar role when I was on the Hamilton Youth Advisory Council, which is a part of the Hamilton Community Foundation. I was part of a council that reviewed RFPs and determined a selection process whereby several organizations were selected to receive a $5000 grant. I helped rank these organizations by establishing some criteria that needed to be met for them to receive funding. When I heard about this course it seemed like the next logical step for me, as it overlapped with my experience; but on a much larger scale. I look forward to where we are headed with this course, and I can’t wait to see the impact that we’ll have on our local community. “

No comments:

Post a Comment